Diet Tips for High Blood Pressure
High Blood Pressure occurs when the flow of blood against the artery walls is too high.
Following food items should be consumed for lowering high blood pressure:
• Consumption of sodium should be extremely reduced. Hence, it is advised to limit intake of salt. Also, avoid caffeine and alcohol
• Food with potassium, magnesium and fiber help to lower blood pressure. Fruits and vegetables with good amount of potassium, magnesium and fiber are as stated below:
1. Fruits – Apples, Apricots, Peaches, Oranges, Pineapples, Strawberries, Blueberries, Kiwi, Melons, Grapes, Bananas, Watermelon, Pomegranate
2. Vegetables – Tomatoes, Beet, Carrots, Broccoli, Spinach, Green peas, Sweet potato, Cabbage
• Replace refined flour products with wheat based products
• For seasoning, use herbs and spices like – Garlic, Cinnamon, Thyme, Rosemary and Basil
• Use of olive oil for cooking food
• Oats are high in fiber, low in fat and sodium. Hence, it is highly recommended
• Lentils and pulses – Chickpeas, Kidney beans, Baked beans.
Free Support Line
Mon - Sat / 09:00 - 18:00