Diet Tips to Reduce Excess Acidity
The gastric glands in our stomach secrete hydrochloric acid that is required for efficient digestion of the food.One suffers from Acidity due to excessive production of hydrochloric acid.This excess production leads to discomfort and a burning sensation in the stomach.
Diet is an important aspect, whether suffering from any health condition or not. Only when one follows a healthy diet, he/she lives healthy.
Following foods can be consumed when one feels the symptoms of acidity:
- The first and foremost thing to do is consume one glass of water after waking up. Water helps to neutralise the acid present in the stomach.
- Make sure that you consume at least 8-10 glasses of water everyday or more depending upon your activity in the day.
* Consume 5-6 small meals in a day. This helps the stomach to produce acid accordingly, hence leading to easy digestion of food.
- Eat more green leafy vegetables rich in fiber and cooling properties such as spinach, coriander, drumsticks, beans, cabbage, cucumber, carrot and spring onions.
- Ginger aids in the process of digestion. Consume Ginger water or add ginger to other food items.
- Eat non-citrus fruits like apple, banana and watermelon. Along with these fruits, coconut water also helps to neutralise the acid in the stomach.
- Yogurt has cooling properties. Hence it is one of the most important food item to be included in the diet.
- Drinking chilled milk also helps to soothe down acidity immediately
- Following a high fibre diet, will not only help in easy digestion but also help maintain weight and improves skin.
- Avoid excess consumption of alcoholic beverages, aerated drinks, citrus fruit juice, tea and coffee
- Avoid eating junk and unhealthy food items.
Free Support Line
Mon - Sat / 09:00 - 18:00